Wednesday, January 19, 2011

Focus

I suppose the problem is focus.  For the sake of discussion, let's not throw this out immediately on the valid grounds that focus is not an adequate account of the productivity I'm aiming for.  I've been feeling like I've been running on proverbial fumes.  I have multiple blogging projects, and an intermittent desire to continue writing poetry and short fiction, as well as a looming need to plan various aspects of my life.  Lately I feel stuck in whatever avenue I attempt to direct my energies.  I have no ideas.  In this state of frantic idleness I have been sitting in a coffee shop watching someone else write.  She seems very focused.  She has been writing in her journal (a Moleskine of course) for the past hour.  Occasionally she pauses in that pensive way of considering what she's writing.  I'm envious of her involvement.

Whoops.  What was I writing?

No comments:

Post a Comment